Breakthrough at Caron in Texas
Breakthrough is an innovative and active program with a goal of helping individuals "break through" old defenses and patterns in an atmosphere similar to that of a healthy family unit. Breakthrough participants must be 18 years of age or older and physically and emotionally able to handle the intensity of emotions and feelings and physical stresses of group workshops that last for 6 or more hours per day.
Caron Breakthrough does not require that participants be recovering addicts or alcoholics, however for individuals in recovery, six months abstinence is preferred for inclusion in the program. The Caron Texas Breakthrough program is a five and a half day program that minimizes distractions and maximizes progress/productivity. Groups of 10-12 spend each day with two skilled workshop facilitators in an intensive experiential group.
Breakthrough may help individuals who:
- Feel "stuck" in negative patterns and unable to move forward
- Have difficulty overcoming pain and loss from the past and their negative impact on present-day living
- Continue to struggle with compulsive behaviors such as overeating, caretaking, spending or over-working
- Are sometimes preoccupied with worry and can't let go of friends' and loved ones' problems
- Have trouble forming or maintaining healthy relationships despite strong motivation to change
- Often feel badly about yourself or upset with how others may see you
- Are stuck in a cycle of love addiction
Although a referral from a therapist is not required, this program is intended as an addition to outpatient counseling where individuals may address deeper issues in order to accelerate their progress toward personal goals.
Breakthrough is offered at Caron Pennsylvania on a regular basis and will be offered at Caron Texas on a less regular basis.