Family Visits and Contact
In order to maintain privacy and a supportive addiction recovery environment, Caron Texas enforces federal confidentiality laws during visitations. All visitors will be required to sign a confidentiality statement with rules and guidelines they you are required to adhere by. You will also be issued a visitor badge that must be worn at all times.
- Any correspondence about your loved one with Caron Texas staff will be released with your loved one’s permission only. No visitors will be allowed to visit without permission from the patient.
- Please remember the principle of anonymity while visiting a Caron Texas alcohol and drug treatment facility. Those who you see at the facility and what you hear should be left here and not discussed outside of the facility.
- Prior to meeting with your loved one, family members will attend a family forum. The family forum is designed to help family members understand how to be most supportive during the patient’s recovery.
- Cameras and recording devices are not allowed in the Caron Texas facility. The Caron Texas staff also asks that visitors leave all electronic devices outside of the facility.
- If you bring children with you to visit, they must be with you at all times.
- Smoking areas are provided for the patients only; all visitors are asked to not smoke while at Caron Texas.
- Do not bring pets along with you for your visit.
- Do not bring medications, supplies, etc. for your loved one or other patients as this may be potentially harmful to their recovery.
Your loved one’s primary addiction counselor is responsible for them during their addiction recovery treatment stay. Any questions regarding your loved one’s progress should be directed to their addiction counselor.
While in treatment, patients can make three, 10-minute outgoing telephone calls per week. Phone passes are given out after the first seven days of treatment. This seven day period allows patients to meet with their treatment team and become stabilized should they need medical detox. Patients can also use this time to become accustomed with the Caron Texas facility and connect with the patient community.